Our business model?
Simple. We promote our cultural heritage and generate income in rural India, motivate people to continue living in the villages or come back from cities and live a happy life with family. With the profit and the trust we earn in long run, we work on community building like water management and food forest.
Our ultimate goal?
Long term sustainability for one and all
What we want to achieve?
Reverse migration: Motivating people to continue living in their villages and inspire the ones who have already migrated to come back to their villages
Why we want to work on reverse migration?
- It is a way towards long term sustainability and self sufficiency
- Reverse migration will unite families
- Bring new hope amongst the people
- Reduces the pressure on resources in cities
- Reverse migration will help us preserve our age old art and heritage
How we want to achieve this?
- The Co Company is an online store where the unique and exclusive handcrafted products by artisans and craftsmen are showcased for our customers
- Artisans make livelihood through this platform
- We strictly follow fair trade and help our craftsmen believe in their work and passion
- Once the artisans make good livelihood, he and his children will be motivated to continue living in the village
Along with the livelihood other reasons for migration are lack of basic necessities like food, water and shelter. Thus, in long run we wish to work on
- watershed management – “the process of implementing land use practices and water managementpractices to protect and improve the quality of the water and other natural resources within a watershed by managing the use of those land and water resources in a comprehensive manner”. This will ensure enough water and clean water
- agro forestry – “growing atleast one seasonal fruit and vegetable tree, for each season, near and around the house to ensure food security and increase green cover
How you can help?
We believe in slow fashion and bring classic, evergreen products to you. Be a part of this movement by making sustainable choices